Monday, September 21, 2009

New TiVo "Feature"

Last night, when I turned on the TV attached to my DIRECTV TiVo, the picture looked very wrong. I changed the channel and saw the same thing there. The TiVo had started grabbing the widescreen feed and was trying to show it on the old 4:3 TV screen. I checked the settings and found that the video was set for 16:9. I remembered I had set it when we bought the widescreen TV several months ago, but, then, it appeared to have no effect on the output. Apparently, DIRECTV sent out an update yesterday that activated the feature. I did find an extra item in the settings menu for the display that had not been there before. It allows you to set the output to letterbox or pan-and-scan when showing a widescreen picture on a 4:3 screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment