Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The PowerBook Is Down Again

Last night, I wanted to use the old 2000 G3 PowerBook to check a new CD my wife bought. The CD has an adhesive label signed by the artist, and it didn't play in her car or in her laptop. Since the PowerBook has a CD tray, I thought it might be the right machine to test the CD and copy it to another disc. Well, the PowerBook wouldn't start at all. No sound, no lights, nothing. It may be the PRAM battery. Researching the issue, I found that a dead battery will not let the 'Book do anything. Tonight, I plan to break down the laptop and pull the battery to see if I can get the 'Book to start.

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! It looks as though I'm in luck. I opened the PowerBook and disconnected the PRAM battery, then connected the power, and pressed the power button. The 'Book booted fine. I am entering this comment on it. I just need to replace the battery. What's awesome is that, even without the battery, the thing still has the correct date and time. Hmm, maybe I don't need the battery after all.

    ReplyDelete